Thursday, February 5, 2009

Girls Weekend


Last weekend was fabulous....because I got to spend it with my daughters! We had a girls weekend hosted in Houston by Melissa. Heather and Shauna went to Houston on Friday evening and a little pampering was in order in the form of manicures and pedicures followed by a long wait on dinner at Cyclone Anayas. Steve and I had a Christian Faculty Network banquet Friday evening so I didn't make it down on Friday. On Saturday morning they drove out from Houston to Cypress and I came in from College Station to meet them at the Houston Outlets where we did some very serious bargain shopping. We then headed back to Melissa's followed by a delicious dinner at the Grand Lux topped off by homemade style strawberry shortcake--so yummy! It was getting late so we decided on a 10:25 pm movie and stopped off first at Starbucks for a little "stay awake" coffee (peppermint mocha). The movie "Slumdog Millionaire" was really a good choice. Sunday morning we worshiped together at Melissa's home church, Second Baptist, then enjoyed brunch at Buffalo Grille. We had a great time sharing, laughing, eating and just being girls.
In the back of my prayer journal is one of my favorite verses that always makes me just stop and praise God-- 3 John 1:4 "No greater joy can I have than this, to hear that my children follow the truth." Spending time with three godly young ladies, who just happen to be my daughters, is cause for great thankfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment