Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Dresser Before and After

The finish of this colonial style maple dresser was in bad condition. The drawers worked fine and it was solid so I thought I would just paint it to bring it back to life. It was purchased from a college student years ago for $20 and has served my girls through college and even my mom used it for a time. This is how it started...after a little sanding. And this is the finished product. It is a very deep chocolate brown and I am happy with the result.
We also had an end table that had been passed to me by Shauna and Mark. They had told me that they did not want it anymore so decided to paint it as well. It had some deep scratches on the top, so we sanded it well.
This photo of the painted leg below really shows the deep chocolate color.
And here is the finished end table.
All this only took one full afternoon...with help on the sanding from Steve.

No comments:

Post a Comment