Saturday, September 12, 2009

Photo Organization

Along with my regular work schedule I usually have a project in progress. When my mother moved out of her house, I inherited her photo albums and boxes of photos. For the past couple of weeks I have went through all of her albums making sure they are in order and also through all the loose photos. What a job! As a result I have handled literally thousands of photos, writing on the backs of those that were not labeled and ordering both her photos and my photos in photo boxes. And these were just "extra" photos not already in photo albums!Actually my mother had done a tremendous job of creating albums with all her geneology information and photos of both sides of her family tree. Three of the four current photo boxes were solely my photos which were already fairly organized. I have just made sure each photo is labeled with the year the photo was taken, who is in the photo or where it was taken. These photos, especially the older ones, are very precious to me and hopefully someone will someday appreciate the organization! I am very thankful for the new world of digital photos and the ability to tag each photo in photoshop....it makes photo organization so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment