Saturday, January 9, 2010

My Mom

We had the privilege, along with my sister, of hosting my mother for most of the month of December.  We had a good time reminiscing about my dad, my grandmother and my growing up days.  Mom is experiencing some memory problems, but still really enjoys being with her family.  Below, Mom at eighteen and eighty-one.

June 18 years004 IMG_6089 picnik texture

We were able to do a little shopping, attend church every week and the Christmas concert, and also looked into moving Mom down to Texas from Iowa in 2010.  We also hosted my brother Scott and his wife Jan for about ten days over Christmas. 

IMG_6138 picnik

My brother Scott and his wife Jan in photo above and me, my Mom, Scott and Jan in various photo combinations below.

IMG_6406 scott jana mom 2 IMG_6407 jana mom

Mom and my sister Kay below.

IMG_6267 picnik

It can be a difficult thing to grow old and my brother, sister and I count it a blessing to partner together to hopefully make my mother’s journey a little easier.  We love you Mom!