Monday, July 12, 2010

I’m Scared of Snakes

So…I hear the garage door open and know that Steve is home from work.  He doesn’t come right in the house so I think I might just run out to the garage to greet him and talk a minute.  I am just about to open the front door and the phone rings.  It is Steve and he says, “whatever you do, don’t come out the door right now….there is a six foot snake laying right against the front door”.  I scream a little and calmly frantically ask if he is kidding.  No he is not!  When the snake moves away from the front door I grab my camera and go out to get a photo of the slithery beast.

 Snake 7-1-10 (3)

Okay…so he’s not so huge, but he is long!

Snake 7-1-10 (5)  Snake 7-1-10 (9)

Here he is headed back toward the door, so Steve grabs the rake to kill (wishful thinking) throw him into the woods.

Snake 7-1-10 (10) Snake 7-1-10 (11) Snake 7-1-10Snake 7-1-10 (12) 

These photos are not focused for a reason.  It is a miracle I even got the photos at all I was shaking so bad.  Snakes make me very nervous.  And I still don’t like that he is somewhere out in the woods.  That means he could come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment