Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Putting Life in Perspective

Hudson Creek 9-10 (3) copy

This is where I spend quite a bit of time each week with my mother.  I began by visiting every day and now I miss a day occasionally. 

Hudson Creek 9-10 (4) copy

I pick up Mom every Sunday when we are in town and take her to church and out to eat or to my house to eat after church.  She seems to really enjoy going to church.  It is sometimes a struggle getting parked, walking in without falling and getting settled in our seat.  She always comments on the crowd and how the church is so large….but when the music starts, she begins to sway and sing along.  She loves the music!

This week the first thing she said when we got in the car was “it is so beautiful outside.  It is so green and the trees even have flowers on them” (crepe myrtles).  This simple comment really made me think about what is important.  The Lord spoke to me through my Mom….He was saying “enjoy the beauty of each day, don’t take my creation, your health, your family or My grace for granted.”  

 Hudson Creek 9-10

After lunch on Sunday, Mom is always tired so we headed to her room for her to lie down for awhile.  Along with their name, each room has a photo to help the resident locate their room.

Hudson Creek 9-10 (10)

Although I felt it inappropriate to take photos of the other residents, we greeted many on our way down the halls.  It is amazing how a simple touch and hello can make their face light up.

Hudson Creek 9-10 (9)   

This is the courtyard where I think Mom will enjoy more time here when it gets cooler.

Hudson Creek 9-10 (5) 

After putting Mom down for a nap I wanted to take of photo of the garden room where we spend most of our time when I visit.

Hudson Creek 9-10 (7)

It is surrounded on three sides by windows and we both love it there.

Hudson Creek 9-10 (6)

We will often find another resident napping in a chair, but we just visit quietly and it doesn’t seem to bother anyone.

Mom seems to be settling in to her new home…..slowly but surely.  I am hoping some of her friends from Iowa get a chance to look at this blog post so that they  see where their friend has found her home.  Please take a moment to pray for peace in Mom’s heart as her mind fades a little more each week….and for patience for all of us who care for her and love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment