Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christmas 2010

We had a great day together celebrating Jesus’ birth.  We had a little hiccup with my mom that day (well, maybe more than a hiccup)…..she became ill right after gift-opening.  We had to take her back to Hudson Creek but I think she enjoyed the time she spent before becoming ill.

Before we began opening gifts we always read the Christmas story from Bible.  It is so great now that most of the grandkids can read and take part.  I usually try to get some photos before we begin as well.

 Christmas 2010 (25) edit

All six grandkids at least looking in the vicinity of the camera.

Christmas 2010 (18) edit  

Christmas 2010 (14)Christmas 2010 (35)

Christmas 2010 (36) Christmas 2010 (34) 

 Christmas 2010 (30)Christmas 2010 (31)

As you can see from the photos, another tradition for the ladies and the kids is wearing pajamas all day (at least until church in the evening!)  The girls and I had matching pjs.

We usually begin from youngest to oldest, each opening one gift at a time while the rest watch and enjoy.  Christmas 2010 (45)

The  most fun this year was surprising Steve with an ipad from the girls,their families and I.  Steve and I always say we are not getting each other anything but this year we really surprised him.  I was hoping he would share but so far he loves it so much that I haven’t had the chance to use it much.

We had so much to be thankful for and celebrate this year.  Praise God for the miraculous gift of Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment