Friday, April 24, 2009

It's All About the Cake

At the Alexander kids birthday parties, the centerpiece of the event is the cake. Shauna has made and decorated cakes for nearly every birthday. She started out pretty simple (I could never even make the all over "stars" on my cakes look good) and her decorating has evolved to fondant characters and bows. Above are some of the cakes over the years. Kylie's cakes varied from beach to bubble gum to princess to rock star. Andrew loved his train, Blue's Clues, Cars and most recently posted Mario cakes. I think she could go into business with her talent, although I may be a little biased as her mother. Most importantly, she has created many special memories for her kids and this is one of the ways she shows her love for them. Now that I wrote this....sorry girls I really did love you, I just had no talent for cake decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment