Sunday, April 26, 2009

Spring Wildflowers & Digital SLR

Steve planted some new wildflowers in our lawn by the road. It has produced fairly well, although we are about at the end of the season. Now just waiting for them to go to seed before we mow them off. I took this chance to practice with my new camera, a Canon Digital SLR. I took some closeups with my 50mm prime lens. I love the way it shows off the flower and fades the rest into the background. I have a very long way to go to learn how to use this camera and lenses but I'm enjoying the process.
Flowers are good practice subjects because they don't move or complain about being photographed. I will be practicing on the grandkids asap, but will need to use the features and lenses that capture fast movement!

No comments:

Post a Comment