Thursday, March 1, 2012

Artisan Bread

Baking artisan bread is one of my projects that I wanted to accomplish once I had retired.  This week I set out to try “Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day”.  My first loaf was a success, at least in my eyes, and Steve liked it as well.

Artisan Bread 2-12

I am the first to admit that cooking is one of my least favorite jobs of homemaking.  I cooked a lot for the first 30 years of our married life, baking bread, making egg noodles from scratch, and baking sweets several times per week.  But when the girls were grown, cooking and baking were the first things to go by the wayside.  Steve and I also needed to cut back on calories so that was one of my excuses as well.

The recipe is simple to put together, refrigerate for up to 2 weeks, and then bake as needed.  There are a few things to tweak but I think this will be easy to keep on hand and fun to try different variances of the recipe.  Steve and I both have loved the European breads with the hard crusts and soft middle so this was a natural for me to try.  We will see how well I keep up with baking bread on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment